*I’m typing this blog entry by cell phone so please excuse typos and brevity!*
Happy Saturday from Charlotte! Here’s today’s challenge. It’s a GREAT, short, full body workout that requires NO EQUIPMENT! It has a 2 rep challenges – one full body challenge then we’ll finish with a 1 minute ab challenge.
• exercise mat if you have one (if not, you’ll want a carpeted surface for this workout)
• timer or clock
• paper & pen/pencil
Today’s challenge is a rep challenge. One full body exercise that has several steps (don’t panic – I’ll break it down for you!). YOU determine your pace. YOU set your goals. YOU are the one who is going to make today’s challenge worth the time. It’s all about YOU.
Stop, Drop & Roll (name of today’s exercise courtesy of my fabulous husband who cheered me on & helped count my reps for all 10 minutes!)
• Stand tall, feet shoulder-width apart to start.
• Squat down to the floor, placing your hands just outside your feet. Jump your feet back to a full plank. Modification: step back to a plank one foot at a time.
• Lower yourself to the floor and extend your arms overhead. Using your abs and keeping hands extended over your head, roll to your right onto your back (commando roll).
• In one movement, lift your back off the floor and pull your knees into your chest, hugging your knees with your arms. Your back is OFF the floor.
• Lay back flat on the floor and commando roll one more time to your right until you are back on your belly.
• Once on your belly, place your hands in regular pushup position (about 6 inches outside of your chest on either side) and do one pushup on your feet. Return to your belly keeping hands on the floor. Modification: do this pushup on your knees, then return to laying flat on your belly hands still in pushup position.
• In one movement, push through your arms and jump your feet back in near your hands so you are in a deep squat with hands on the floor outside your feet. Modification: Push through your arms/shoulders and step in one foot at a time instead of jumping.
• Explode up, jumping toward the sky, reaching your hands overhead. Modification: Remove the jump. Just stand tall fast, reaching hands overhead.
That’s 1 rep. Now repeat, this time rolling to your left. Alternate the direction you roll each rep.
Repeat for 10 minutes! Count your reps! Suggestion: mark every time you complete 5 pr 10 full reps. It’s easier to keep track of your reps if you break it down into smaller counts.
Butterfly Roll Over
Set your timer / clock for 1 minute. Lay flat on your back, hands down by your sides, palms flat on the floor. Press through your palms and lift your legs pff the floor, extending them overhead, trying to get them parallel to the floor. Slowly open your legs to a straddle position while you slowly lower them toward the floor. As you get closer to the floor, start to bring your legs back together. Basically you’re doing a big straddle circle with your legs as you lower to the floor. Do NOT let your legs touch the floor, and repeat this exercise for 1 minute.
Modification/: Rest your legs on the floor between reps briefly. You may also bend your legs slightly for another modification.
That’s your ENTIRE workout! It’s a killer!
Video: Blogilates Butterfly Roll Over (click on video that says Brokenhearted Ab Challenge to see proper form courtesy of Blogilates!)
I’ll also post my reps in a minute!
Believe in yourself. Push yourself. You CAN do this. You WILL do this.
God bless & go get em,