Sorry I’ve been slow to post the past few weeks guys! But I’ve made up for it tonight!
Tonight’s workout is a good one! Two parts – 10 minutes each. You’ll be DONE in 20 minutes of effort. And you will have covered your ENTIRE body. No muscle untouched.
It’s called The Death Crawl.
The name says it all. This is a full body workout. You MUST challenge yourself. You MUST keep proper form. You WILL survive!
Workout time: 20 minutes total
# of exercises: 2
Body parts worked: ALL!
• about 10 feet of space (minimum)
• set of 2 dumbells (6-10 lbs each for beginners, 10-15 for advanced, 15-30 for super advanced)
• exercise mat for abs
• timer or clock
• paper & pen/pencil
This is a REP challenge. You’re going as hard as you can for 10 minutes – TWICE! Make sure you maintain your form!!!!!! Form matters!!!!!
The Death Crawl (10 minutes, as many reps as you can complete)
Kneeling Obliques (10 minutes total – 10 sets of 50 seconds work, 10 seconds rest, alternating sides)
The Death Crawl
• Stand tall, feet shoulder-width apart to start, dumbell in each hand.
• Squat down to the floor, placing your hands with dumbells in them just outside your feet. Jump your feet back to a full plank. Modification: step back to a plank one foot at a time.
• Slow Count Pushup: Lower yourself to the floor in 2 counts. HOLD at the bottom for 2 counts, hovering over the floor. Push back up to plank in 2 counts. Modification: drop to your knees for the pushup, but return right back to a full plank after the pushup for the next move.
• Using your abs and keeping your body straight, row your right arm while you are still in plank position (see video).
• Return to plank and row your left arm.
• Time to crawl! While still in your plank, lift your right arm off the floor, circling it up almost like a row to your right side then reaching it all the way toward the sky and finally as far in front of you as you can reach. Note: You are trying with each “step” to get 6-12 inches in front of where your weight started on the floor. That means you’ll really have to extend your reach! Modification: Instead of circling your arm all the way around, just simply reach it out in front of where it is currently placed. Still, aim for 6-12 inches ahead of it’s current position!
• Repeat the hand crawl with your left arm.
• Now step your feet one at a time forward to return to your plank, one foot at a time. I’d recommend if you lead the crawl with your right hand, keep that rhythm for this crawl: right hand, left hand, right foot, left foot. Note: you will change your lead hand each rep. You will likely have a slightly butt-high plank… That’s ok! Just squeeze your belly! That’s one “crawl”. Repeat your “crawl” for a total of 4 crawls.
• now back to a full plank, jump your feet back in to your low squat position, weights still on the floor.
• raise your weights off the floor as you stand to a deep, low squat, then holding your weights by your side, explode up in a low squat jump for 4 reps.
You have just completed ONE Death Crawl. Yes… That’s 1 rep. Now repeat, this time leading your crawl with your other hand. Alternate the lead hand with each rep.
Here’s a video that should help a little. Please note: in the video, I actually *forgot* the row in the modified version. PLEASE include the row if you modify!
*** If you are in a small space, you will have to turn around after each rep so that you have enough room to complete as many as you can in 10 minutes!
DO NOT QUIT! Count your reps!
Set your Tabata timer for 10 rounds, 50 seconds work and 10 seconds rest.
This exercise will work your ENTIRE core. You MUST follow the instructions (or check out the video below!)
Kneel on your mat then extend your right leg until it’s straight out to the side, instep of your right foot resting on the floor. raise both arms overhead, palms flat and facing each other (prayer hands), squeezing your head with your arms. Your arms MUST be straight in order for this exercise to be fully effective! Keeping your hips square (don’t rotate), bend at the waist to our left as far as you can. Try to get your upper body parallel to the floor. Keep those straight arms over your head, hands TOGETHER!!! Return back to vertical. Arms NEVER separate and they NEVER leave your head!Repeat the bend to the same side (toward your bent leg) for 50 seconds. That’s 1 set.
Rest 10 seconds then alternate, switching so that your right knee is bent, kneeling on the floor, and your left leg is now straight. Now you’re bending to the right.
Video of this ab (and low back!) exercise:
At the 40 second mark in each set, try to hold your bent position for the last 10 seconds!!! It BURNS!!
You’re done!!!!! 20 minutes!!! Great job team!!!!!!